Monday, October 5, 2015

The wonderfule world of medicine

Its not a wonder that people get mad when dealing with doctors and insurance companies.  So for the second time, my psychiatrist upped my dosage to see if this med is gonna work or not.  3 weeks after he wrote the scrip I still had not received approval from the insurance company.  I would call the doctors office and they would tell me they had sent it in and were waiting on the insurance company.  I called the insurance company and they said they had not received anything from the doctors office or were waiting on the reply.  In the meantime I ran out of the original dose and didnt refill it because I assumed the approval would be coming shortly.  I am really starting to think I dont like this med.  I was off of it for 8 days.  Had no trouble functioning and I was actually able to eat food before noon. I think the amphetamine does give me tons of energy and I have the motivation to get stuff done but I am not sure I couldnt get that from caffeine.  Anyway, I gained 7 pounds pounds while I was off the med. Thinking that just being aware of my troubles/issues has been huge for me and learning how to prevent the common mistakes associated with the diagnosis has made my life much better.  And I have to thank my counselor for helping me understand how to deal with my short-temperedness with my family.  My daughter actually took me out to dinner for my birthday and we sat and talked the whole time.  I am sure she was surprised.  I know I was.  It sucks to realize if I had done this years ago, my kids would have been able to enjoy their father a whole lot more.  I sincerely hope that they have learned that it is OK to admit you may have a problem you need help with  and there is nothing to be ashamed about in going to get yourself some help.  Well since I am basically writing this in order to procrastinate and not do what I should be doing, thats all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment